This is one of a series of blog entries by the Site Coordinators at our Neighborhood School Centers, who lead the location-based activities for the Culture Builds Community Projects. In this series, they are writing about Soul Rhythms, this year’s project, and the goals therein.
Kiser PreK-8 School
Kiser PreK-8 school sits as an anchor in old north Dayton . Lately Kiser has developed as a melting pot of diverse and newly developed cultures which represent the community. CBC is a vehicle which helps to bridge the gaps and educate the students and community on those cultures. Kiser would like to be an asset to support the immigrant-friendly city which the city of Dayton has established. We are very excited that CBC can be a key player in this direction.
Neighborhood School Center Objectives:
Each school develops its own site objectives that reflect the opportunities, assets and needs of the school members and the neighborhood. All of Dayton's Neighborhood School Centers are evaluated on the ability to progress the following goals:
- Improve student performance
- Improve quality of life in the neighborhood
- Attract families with school-aged children to the neighborhood
- Realign community resources to support youth achievement
- Sustain leadership and support for Neighborhood School Centers
- Develop in Dayton a replicable national model